Saturday, August 1, 2009

Gemini

So I totally have to let you all in on a serious case of mistaken identity. Last night I am strutting San Tan mall in my new Betty Johnson platform booties, totally sending out the vibe to some emo guys until I made a quick exit into Buckle because I noticed one of the guys and I were wearing the same target skinny jeans..only his were smaller...meanwhile I catch a glance at myself in the mirror window and am taken aback because my $100 Mac makeup is sweating down my face and I honestly looked like a bad case of Boy George circa "promoting his gay play, Taboo".........




















...I was truly looking hanus.


So I am totally off the subject! So inside Buckle I see this redhead with a medium length bob looking at some vintage style peasant tops and I realize it's my friend Morgan. So I'm all "hey Morgan". The girl turns around she wasn't Morgan...not even close. How totally racist of me!! I had totally 'Henry Louis Gates Jr-d' her redheaded A! I didn't think I categorized reds! Honestly, it kind of freaks me out that the carpet matches the drapes, but I don't think that makes me a bad person. I honestly pride myself on not giving into stereotypes. I mean I have a friend that is 1/2 Chinese, for Lady Gaga's sake!! Anyway, the injustice was totally written all over her freckled face and I knew I had to recover. I attempted to say "Sorry, I thought you were my friend Morgan because you both care your weight in your middle"...but when I said Sorry...I was so flustered that I gleeked on her arm. At that point I just turned around and left trying not to trip on the mat on my way out. So I learned alot from that experience. Also...in hindsight, i should have known it wasn't Morgan because she never would have been looking in the bohemian section since she is totally 80's rebel yell right now!

I guess you live and you learn ya'll. But it really all comes back to the gospel. It's weird how that works. Well I'm out! Catch you on the flipside!!!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like something I would do! I am a classic at tumbling all over my words and tripping and spitting while I talk! Now i know I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier!!! I am totally madly in love with this post! Remember in 5th grade we made up a dance to Boy George Culture Club "I'll Tumble 4 ya"?!!! It was Americas Best Dance Crew quality awesome! If Mario Lopez saw us then right!!!!! Anywho,I totally do not think you put people in a box! Everyone has had a red headed mistaken identity mistake lets be honest! Do not stress it girl!! Loves Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krystle thanks for the show of love! I try to be graceful, but I always send up doing the opposite like gassing while I bend down to pick up my keys at the grocery...life is hard

    and Kristy...I ToTally remember our tumble 4 ya dance! we would leap frog over each other and end with our signature crowd pleaser...in unison- hands fan in the air, knee kick, cartwheel, slide onto tummy, palms slide under chin, open mouth smile, wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double post Earlier, how embarrassing! You write and sound like a near and dear friend of mine. When she finally gets a blog I'll direct you to hers. It's like we're all family anyways, right?! Everything ties in to the gospel-clever my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earlier, Girl you remember our dance like it was yesterday!! I am impressed,what a perfect re-enactment through words!!!I seem to recall we almost performed it for our crushes one day,but chickened out and watched The Lion King instead!!! Life throws you many twists and turns ya know! loves Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Earlier! I was Boy George for Halloween last year! It was such a hit. I looked almost identical to that picture and so many guys got my number... I guess that look is really in now.

    ReplyDelete