Saturday, July 4, 2009

shades of green

Has anyone else noticed how 'Going green' has become bigger then Obama?!?!  I'm going to try to blogulate a complaint, so please don't get me wrong.  Quite honestly, I'm so pro-green, my tears are chartreuse.  I make a concerted effort to always wear my Hot Topic 85% organic tote with the inscription, "Kermit, the earth called and is sueing you for slander.  It IS easy being green!"  Someone should tell Jim Henson that Kermit called and he needs a throat lozenge and a PC update!  That was so mean, i'm sorry.  You are probably thinking, "Earlier, your manners called and are sick of the neglect!"

  Back to going green, I've had a disgustingly hard time with this whole 'ride your car less' proposal.  I really tried to make significant sacrifices for the world's sake when I bought my car.  I had my eye on getting a Chevy Tahoe, and I settled on  a Kia Sedona.  See, I am totally trying to do my part for the environment, as well for the Asian car companies that are struggling in this tough economy.  I'm really not trying to complain but it was really hard on my 'deep seeded need to please' bone when I'm being told I haven't done enough.  But I totally understand and I got over myself, rewatched 'March of the Peguins', and refocused my energys on saving our precious earth, ya'll!!!   

I took the better part of the day coming up with a list of ways I can contribute to this noble cause.  Here's what I've come up with:

1. I'm going to park furthur away from school and then "heely" the remaining distance.  Of course, I'll make sure my Hot Topic tote is strategically worn for maximum impact. 

2.  I'm going to start using Suave instead of my salon shampoo.
3.  Take the stairs instead of the escalator
4.  Use flourescent light bulbs, which is sort of selfish too, since the glow totally compliments my air-brushed tan.  Seriously the best $30 you will ever spend!!!

I think that's a good start.  I am up for any suggestions that you may have, because i really want to do anything I can to help turn this earth around.  In case you were wondering, I did give Sheryl Crow's 'one square' suggestion a full week.  I probably saved close to like 1/2 an oak tree, which is really all you can ask from one person!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment